You shall use all your senses to monitor very carefully all that goes on about you, inside and outside’
An alert person can save many mishaps. So there is no alternative of alertness. If people are vigilant, even the most seditious person just cannot think of committing a misdeed in a particular area. Alertness is particularly cardinal during the festive season. We believe prevention is always better than detection.
So please don’t hesitate to tell us about any suspicious activity, any unclaimed, abandoned objects lying in your locality. You can inform either to the local police station or Lalbazar Control Room on toll free no-1090. Your identity would be protected completely.
Check out whether any unclaimed vehicle, two-wheeler or bi-cycle parked in your locality for long time. Please inform Kolkata Police immediately. If you gather any information about presence of suspected explosive devices, just pass the information on local police station or Lalbazar Control Room. All telephone numbers are available on Kolkata police website — www.kolkatapolice.gov.in or dial 100 & 1090.
Collect all details of your tenant before renting out your house and inform local police station. The tenant profile Form is available at local police station or you can simply download from Kolkata Police website. Never panic. You can always check out with us before believing in rumour. Rumour is often spread purposely just to complicate the situation or to break the peace.
Kolkata Police is committed to provide safety and security to citizens. Please don’t touch any unclaimed, abandoned or suspicious objects till arrival of Police personnel. Please don’t create panic on getting any information or receiving telephone calls regarding any subversive activities and extend necessary assistance to police. Don’t crowd the place if any suspicious object has been found. Please co-operate with police and clear the area as soon as possible. Please don’t leave your personal baggage or vehicle unattended at any place for long time. Kindly co-operate with Kolkata Police. You and your beloved city will be safe.
How to lodge a complaint against taxi refusal
1. Approach any traffic personnel on duty detailed at the nearest intersection to collect a complaint card. The same may be filled up and submitted. The Complaint cards are also available at the Kolkata Police Kiosks.
2. Information may also be passed over the following helpline numbers at Traffic Control Room
98300 10000 (toll free only for Vodafone subscribers.)
98308 11111 (toll free only for Vodafone subscribers.)
3. SMS facility can also be availed by sending SMS to 575756
Procedure : Type TAXI <SPACE> TAXI NO <SPACE> COMPLAINANT’S, NAME, ADDRESS
4. The complaint can be sent through Email to the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic Department, Kolkata vide E-mail IDs:
5. The complaint can also be submitted by filling up the complaint card available at the Web site of Kolkata Traffic Police (i.e. www.kolkatatrafficpolice.org)